Should you have an interest in this Position, please note the Title and Position# in the Subject line and email your resume to click here. Thank you.
Location: New England or TX
Education Requirements: Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related field.
Other Requirements: Include:
- FSA Designation.
- 10 years actuarial experience with 5 years annuity valuation & financial reporting.
- Strong business acumen.
- Experience in researching and implementing industry best practices.
- Proven ability to communicate and explain complex actuarial concepts to diverse audiences.
- Broad and deep knowledge of life and annuity product mechanics and economics.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong coordination, communication, and influencing skills.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Specific experience with valuation actuarial software and platforms (particularly PolySystems).
- Specific experience with database software (preferably SQL Server and/or Access).
- Ability to pass background check.
Salary Range: Negotiable
Description: The Actuary will be responsible for calculating, analyzing, reporting, and explaining reserves and other actuarial financial statement items. The individual will also provide actuarial support to recurring and special projects. The Actuary is expected to have a detailed knowledge of statutory valuation requirements and advanced GAAP accounting issues for annuity products. Responsibilities include:
- Routine Activities:
- Produce monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting of reserves (Statutory, GAAP, and Tax).
- Coordinate the production of statutory filings.
- Annual GAAP assumption update, DAC unlock, as well as annual recoverability and loss recognition testing.
- Explain and provide supporting analysis and insight for actuarial-driven financial results in a clear and timely manner.
- Perform and enhance experience study monitoring and analysis.
- Work with auditors on various audit requirements (internal audit, external, regulatory).
- Identify and drive implementation of enhancements to PolySystems valuation software.
- Automation work with IT.
- Support annual plan process and the coordination of plan activities with FP&A.
- Non-Routine Activities:
- Support new product initiatives; account for data integration, methodology considerations, and financial impact.
- Develop and implement enhancements to controls and analytics.
- Coordinate ad-hoc requests for supplemental financial reporting information, including completion of surveys for rating agencies, industry groups, etc.