Should you have an interest in this Position, please note the Title and Position# in the Subject line and email your resume to click here. Thank you.
Assistant Actuary & Manager
Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree, preferably in the area of mathematics, or a business related field.
Other Requirements: Include:
- FSA preferred. Will consider near-FSA actively pursuing completion of FSA.
- 6+ years experience in field of Actuarial Science.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Must demonstrate a superior level of mathematical ability and attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrate strong computer skills including proficiency in the use of applicable technical tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present highly technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Must possess ability to apply insurance industry knowledge, preferably in the fields of individual life and annuities.
- Ability to identify and direct the analysis of problems or questions and provide recommendations to appropriate audiences.
- Must possess ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Highly organized with the demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects and to switch priorities as necessary.
- Ability to work effectively in an office environment.
Salary Range: $100k to $130k DOE
Description: Serve as a leader for the team responsible for completing life and annuity experience studies. Lead Working Groups regarding assumptions, document assumptions and present recommendations to Steering Committee. Serve as a champion for the assumptions process with a mindset for continual improvement. Accountable for the development and growth of staff on the Corporate Actuarial Financial Analysis team. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Set annual calendar of experience studies and assumptions to review. This responsibility includes working with assumptions Working Groups to determine required studies and obtaining sign-off from assumptions Steering Committee.
- Lead staff in completing annuity and life experience studies according to annual calendar and ensure studies meet needs of all users and include the required level of detail to enable appropriate analysis. Responsible for data validation and ensuring accuracy of all studies.
- Lead assumptions Working Groups. These groups outline assumptions to be reviewed, structure of such assumptions and analysis to be completed. The members of the Working Groups are responsible for testing impact of assumption changes.
- Complete analysis of experience studies according to direction of Working Groups. Make recommendations for assumptions to be used in all actuarial models based on study analysis. Present recommendation to Working Groups, work with them to determine impact, and determine final assumption recommendations.
- Complete documentation of assumptions, present recommendations to assumptions Steering Committee, and obtain sign-off. Communicate final assumptions to all users.
- Maintain strong knowledge of industry best practices and regulatory changes impacting experience studies and assumption governance.
- Develop relationships with all users of experience studies and assumptions, including Life Pricing and Product Management, Annuity Pricing and Product Management, Corporate Markets and Retirement Products.
- Manage and develop staff, including oversight of project work, supporting development plans and ensuring a focus on quality and continuous improvement.