Should you have an interest in this Position, please note the Title and Position# in the Subject line and email your resume to click here. Thank you.
VP, Life Operations & Claims
Location: Des Moines, IA
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree.
Other Requirements: Include:
- 10+ years overall business experience and 5 or more years in Life Operations management.
- Experience in selecting and managing significant vendor relationships.
- Experience in managing and improving customer service delivery leveraging process design as well as implementing technology solutions.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) is beneficial.
- Ability to work and communicate with all levels of management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including experience in the preparation and presentation of formal reports to executive management.
- Process improvement skills (e.g. Six Sigma, Lean, TOC).
- Change management and the ability to build operating plans and cascade across an organization.
- Proven ability to work under pressure in a fast paced production environment, effectively handle multiple assignments and produce results while requiring minimal supervision.
- Thinks Strategically - Sets direction aligned to the company’s strategy, applying external and global perspective to meet local and global needs.
- Motivates People - Gains people commitment to achieve business objectives through clear communication of the company’s vision and flexing leadership styles to inspire high performance. Ability to recruit, retain, coach and develop staff.
- Creates Partnerships - Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
- Focuses on Customers - Promotes customer centricity and ensures focus on creating great customer experiences to achieve competitive advantage.
- Drives Results - Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.
- Conflict Resolution – successfully resolve conflict while building trust and confidence.
Salary Range: $150k to 200k+
Description: This is an advanced level position and is the senior Operations leader responsible for leading the delivery of Life new business and policyholder servicing, Claims administration, Retained Asset administration, and Underwriting. The position oversees an internal organization as well as directing life Operations and call center activities through a TPA. This position reports directly to the SVP of Operations & IT. The position is based in Des Moines, with employees located in Des Moines, IA and one other location. This role is a member of the senior Operations leadership team and plays an active role in development of the Operations strategy. This role interacts with the Legal and Compliance team as well as the Marketing and Distribution team. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Participate in the development of the overall Operations strategy as part of the Operations senior leadership. Ensure the Life Operations Strategy is in alignment with the Corporate Strategy. Implement the Life Operations strategy through internally and externally delivered services.
- Create an environment of continuous improvement centered on delivering value to customers and agents. Identify opportunities for future technology enhancements partnering with IT.
- Ensure mechanisms are in place to capture voice of the customer and measure performance against critical customer requirements.
- Lead Life New Business and PHS processes delivering timely, accurate and efficient services.
- Oversee underwriting (the Chief Underwriter reports to this role) whether delivered through internal or external resources. Ensure that proper risk decisions are made and the customer experience is factored into process and technology decisions.
- Develop and manage field relations with key internal and external distribution partners.
- Lead Claims and Retained Asset Administration functions. Ensure timely, accurate and compliant processing. Partner closely with Legal and other functions to quickly respond to escalated items and ensure a highly controlled environment.
- Partner with other business functions as part of the Product Development process to ensure successful and error free launches.
- Manage Life TPA relationship ensuring strong performance and clear governance over processing, customer and company data (partnering with IT) and systems.