Should you have an interest in this Position, please note the Title and Position# in the Subject line and email your resume to click here. Thank you.
Field Claims Representative
Location: Central IL
Education Requirements: College degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
Other Requirements: Include:
- Certificate in General Insurance.
- AIC, CPCU, ARM, or CIC designations.
- Previous experience using Xactimate estimating software.
- 2+ years experience in property and property damage liability claim settlement.
- Excellent keyboard/PC skills.
- Working knowledge of claims law.
- Understanding of insurance coverages for commercial, personal, and farm.
- Top-notch organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to work independently and manage the territory.
- Excellent problem-solving and negotiating skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
Salary Range: $60k to $67k DOE + car
Description: Our Client, a highly rated mutual Property and Casualty insurance company, is seeking a Field Claims Representative. The individual filling this position will work from home. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Inspect, prepare detailed damage estimates, negotiate, and settle property claims.
- Examine policy coverage forms and other records to determine insurance coverage.
- Interview and correspond with policyholders, claimants, witnesses, and police.
- Establish and monitor reserves to adequately reflect the exposure.
- Make appropriate reserve changes as each file develops.
- Assist in agency management by providing feedback to Underwriting and conducting agency visits.
- Occasionally handle and manage complex losses in specific areas of expertise.
- Participate on catastrophe teams, as required.
- Focus on outstanding customer service toward all customers.
- Travel with overnight stays, as necessary.