Should you have an interest in this Position, please note the Title and Position# in the Subject line and email your resume to click here. Thank you.
Regional Supervising Principal
Location: Field position, access to airport (ideally metropolitan area).
Education Requirements: Four-year college degree, (or equivalent work experience).
Other Requirements: Include:
- 5 years’ experience in securities or financial field.
- 3 years’ experience as supervising principal strongly preferred.
- Must possess Series 7, 24 53, and 63-as needed.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with both financial and regulatory aspects for a wide range of products covered by Series 24 including fixed income products, equities, UIT’s, limited partnerships REITS, other direct participation programs, mutual funds, 529 Plans, variable annuities, variable life products, structured products, and investment advisory products.
- Series 4 and 65/66 in addition to life, annuity and variable contract insurance licenses will be required within 120 of hire date if not available for transfer upon hire.
- Ability to travel required to conduct branch office visits, attend regulatory conferences and training sessions.
- Knowledge of investment services, products, practices, and general market trends.
- Well-developed analytical and project management skills, highly organized with ability to handle multiple tasks and multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other Web-based applications.
- Proficient in personal computer technology, website technology, Streetscape, BPM, and Caesar database systems.
- Very proficient in the Protegent Surveillance System.
- Strong knowledge of FINRA SEC, DOL and state rules and regulations.
- Possess analytical skills to execute audit functions, identify trends and highlight training opportunities.
- Ability to develop compliance systems and strategies for effective supervision.
- Ability to not only work well with others but to lead them as well.
- Exceptional interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Excellent verbal and written customer service, telephone, troubleshooting and communication skills.
- Possess excellent organizational skills with the flexibility to readily adapt to change.
- Ability to keep abreast of and adapt to an ever-changing regulatory landscape.
- Ability to analyze sales activities and trends via exception reports to determine if an activity falls within Firm and regulatory guidelines.
- Ability to understand a wide variety of representative business models and to spot trends and potential pitfalls in those models.
- Ability to steer representatives and OSJs to compliance through communication, education and possible disciplinary actions.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers, customers, and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to problem solve and make rule-based and analytical decisions.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to travel approximately 50-75% of the time.
Salary Range: $110k to $120k + bonus
Description: The purpose of this position is to supervise activities related to suitability of our Client’s Registered Representative sales activities within a defined region, as well as acting in a quality assurance capacity. The Regional Supervising Principal will be responsible for serving as the OSJ/Branch Office Manager for Independent Financial Advisors located within an assigned region, in addition to oversight of field OSJ offices in the region. This role will be responsible for ensuring that the assigned financial advisors are meeting the standards and requirements of supervision set by regulatory agencies and the firm. Title of supervisor to this position: Director, AIC Supervision. Titles of those reporting directly to this position: None. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Supervise sales activity of registered representatives and OSJ's in assigned segment or region.
- Make regulatory and supervisory-based decisions to mitigate risk to our Client.
- Review and approval of transactions for suitability and documentation of all products, including fixed income products, equities, UIT's, REITS, other direct participation programs, mutual funds, 529 plans, indexed annuities, variable annuities, variable life products, structured products, and investment advisory products.
- Reviews advisor emails and client correspondence.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for all supervision related matters for assigned advisors.
- Conducts business practice reviews as needed and investigates sales practice concerns as they arise.
- Serves as point person for Investigations and Risk Review Departments and recommends disciplinary action as needed.
- Serves on various committees and projects as determined by Management.
- Build constructive relationships with registered representatives and OSJs in assigned segments or region through communication, visits, education and follow-up.
- Review compliance surveillance exception reports for potential sales practice violations. Review and ensure resolution of items in the suitability and transaction systems.
- Investigate potential sales practice violations and take corrective actions which may require client and/or representative contact.
- Assist with regulatory exams and requests as well as assist with the maintenance of the department’s written supervisory procedures.
- Conduct regional compliance examinations in other regions as assigned by the compliance department.