Should you have an interest in this Position, please note the Title and Position# in the Subject line and email your resume to click here. Thank you.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Statistics or related field.
Other Requirements: Include:
- 7+ years of insurance industry experience.
- 3+ years of related ALM and/or capital markets experience.
- CFA, FSA or advanced degrees preferred.
- Experience with Prophet, BlackRock, Intex, ADCo preferred.
- Highly collaborative and positive approach, with strong consultative and influencing skills.
- Technical skills related to simulation of asset and liability cash flows, capital markets and asset management strategies.
- Results-oriented with the ability to emphasize practical application and tangible value creation over theory or process.
- Ability to be flexible in understanding and assimilating alternate views and working with a variety of constituents with the potential to implement change, ensuring understanding, participation and ownership by key stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and allocate time appropriately among them including the ability to delegate key areas of responsibility.
- Articulate, with advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of US Statutory, Risk Based Capital (RBC), US GAAP, and Economic Capital models.
Salary Range: $145k to $165k DOE + 15% target bonus
Description: Our Client is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. Our Client delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. The Actuary, ALM position is involved in all aspects of the Asset/Liability Management (ALM) strategy and process globally and will interact with business units and investment management. The successful candidate will collaborate with the ALM leadership in the implementation and coordination of a state-of-the-art ALM strategy and a consistent, integrated ALM framework across the global organization, which includes identifying both qualitative and quantitative properties of all liabilities so that appropriate investment guidelines and strategies can be developed. Strategies will be implemented, monitored and adapted to address changes in market conditions, company risk profile, company financial objectives, business unit objectives and various regulatory constraints. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for driving implementation of ALM strategy in investments and businesses for certain segments. Make recommendations on what actions need to be taken as well as guidelines for the Business Units and Legal entities to manage this risk.
- Partner with business units to review and integrate the BU ALM analysis with the global ALM program and identify risk offsets and ways to add value.
- Member of certain legal entity investment/solvency/ALM committees. Assist in identifying best practices and introducing standards and methods for management of market risks.
- Work closely with Investments in identifying opportunities for managing market risk exposures with alternative portfolios, asset classes, derivatives, etc. This includes developing investment mandates and investment policy statements that meet our Client’s needs.
- Lead projects to coordinate, develop and implement ALM analysis, assessment, reporting and strategy.
- Participate in developing and implementing an enterprise-wide strategic asset allocation methodology and process.
- Participate in developing and leading implementation of key metrics in assessing market risk throughout our Client’s Enterprise including: interest rate, inflation, currency, real estate and equity risks. Also, take into consideration constraints including: liquidity, capital requirements, and net income. Develop tools to communicate key market risk metrics throughout our Client’s Enterprise to include communication with senior management, board, rating agencies, regulators, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.