Should you have an interest in this Position, please note the Title and Position# in the Subject line and email your resume to click here. Thank you.
Risk Management & Due Diligence Specialist
Education Requirements: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university in finance, business administration, or related field required.
Other Requirements: Include:
- Significant experience, preferably in financial or operational risk management with a focus on identification of key risk factors, including conflict of interest, and development of mitigation methodologies.
- Series 7, 24, 66 licenses, or be willing to obtain within 6 months.
- Securities industry background helpful, including familiarity with investment products and FINRA and SEC Rules.
- Analytical skills.
- Significant attention to detail.
- Highly motivated and results oriented.
- Effective communication skills.
- Financial analysis skills.
Salary Range: $51k to $91k, midpoint $71k
Description: Our Client is seeking a Risk Management and Due Diligence Specialist. This position will design an effective risk management framework to safeguard our Client’s assets, customers, reputation, and stakeholders. This opportunity will allow this individual to implement processes, tools and systems to identify, assess, measure, manage, monitor and report risks. This position will also provide assistance with the due diligence review of our Client’s investment products. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Risk Management:
- Identify and resolve key risk factors and develop and implement corresponding mitigation methodologies.
- Develop metrics and processes to identify and evaluate risk in the business areas of our Client.
- Work with business areas to establish and document controls in place to mitigate such risks.
- Analyze risk components and prepare reports and recommendations for use by senior management.
- Coordinate the Business Continuity efforts of our Client.
- Coordinate the RIM efforts of our Client.
- Serve as an active member of the Risk Working Group, providing expertise, recommendations, reporting, input and necessary actions on risks and issues presented to the Group.
- Coordinate risk efforts effectively with the compliance, finance, supervision, operations, and shared distribution departments.
- Due Diligence:
- Responsible for on-going due diligence review and documentation of such review of existing investment products on our Client’s platform. Particular emphasis will be on Alternative Investment Products.
- In periods of high demand, conduct due diligence in accordance with procedures on packaged financial products including mutual funds, insurance products, direct participation programs, and other non-conventional investments.
- Present recommendations to the Product Review Committee on investment products reviewed.
- Serve as a member of the Product Review Committee, providing analysis and recommendations on products submitted to the PRC.
- Be available to our registered representatives to discuss approved products, as well as products currently under review.
- Seek ways to continuously improve the product platform, with the goal of risk mitigation.