Should you have an interest in this Position, please note the Title and Position# in the Subject line and email your resume to click here. Thank you.
Senior Actuary, MG-ALFA Model Steward
Location: Greater Des Moines, IA
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university.
Other Requirements: Include:
- FSA or ASA.
- Minimum 6 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical documents.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information to management.
- Can work with mathematical concepts.
- Ability to create and maintain sophisticated financial models.
- Ability to apply mathematical applications to tasks.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Apply mathematical concepts and theories in non-conventional/nontraditional-academic manners; outside-the-box flexible analysis.
- Can provide discussion and explanation of complex concepts.
- Work cooperatively and successfully with co-employees, customers, and other outside third parties.
- Ability to successfully handle pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Analytical problem solving skills.
- Technical skills: MG-ALFA, SQL, Access, Excel, VBA.
Salary Range: Negotiable
Description: Function as the model steward for the MG-ALFA software system. Responsible for the Actuarial Department’s model validation and model governance. No supervisory responsibilities are required for this position. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Analyze the impact of new MG-ALFA releases.
- Gather and maintain a testbed of models from all MG-ALFA users.
- Gather desired coding changes from MG-ALFA users. Code changes in a test environment and gauge the impact on the model testbed. Create and maintain documentation of testing and results.
- Roll out model MG-ALFA changes in a controlled manner.
- Create and maintain a listing of all Actuarial models. Work with model owners to develop a model validation testing plan and ensure compliance with the Actuarial Model Validation Policy. Document findings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.