Should you have an interest in this Job, please note the Title and Job# in the Subject line and email your resume to click here. Thank you.
To see our YouTube Video of this Job please click here.
Life Insurance Investment Accountant
Location: Dallas, TX
Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
Other Requirements: Include:
- 3 to 5 years of accounting experience in the insurance industry, life insurance highly desirable.
- Experience in preparation of account reconciliations, journal entries and month-end financial closings.
- Understanding of statutory accounting principles and statutory financial statement filings.
- Good organizational and referencing skills related to work papers, financial statements and schedules prepared.
- Excellent personal computer skills, including MS Office including Excel, Word, Outlook. Excel proficiency a plus.
- Knowledge of General Ledger Systems and Regulatory Filing Systems, or other insurance specific financial applications experience a plus.
- Insurance industry financial applications experience a plus.
- Strong analytical ability and communication skills.
- SRQ and A.M. Best preparation experience would be a plus, but not required.
Salary Range: $55k to $80k+ DOE
Description: Our Client is a Dallas based provider of a wide range of life insurance, annuity, Medicare supplement, and critical illness products used to build and preserve the financial security of our Client’s policyholders. Our Client, a growing national life and annuity company with over $1 billion in assets and nearly 10,000 agents throughout the country, seeks a Life Insurance Investment Accountant. This job reports to the Controller. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Perform monthly/quarterly closing processes including prepare/post journal entries for investment activity and insurance activity.
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations and par value reconciliations.
- Back office duties for the trading desk; including communication with multiple brokers and state banks.
- Creation of monthly financial reports regarding investment holdings.
- Prepare schedules and exhibits of quarterly and annual statutory statements, including IMR/AVR, Schedule D and Schedule DB.
- Assist in preparation of audited statutory financial statements including footnotes.
- Support other regulatory reporting requirements including MD&A, Risk Based Capital, A.M. Best and SRQ filing.
- Respond to requests from external auditors, external rating agencies and regulatory bodies.
- Prepare and/or assist State pages, State premium tax returns, and other State regulatory filings if required.
- Identify and recommend continuous process improvements.