Welcome to a Curated Job List compiled by Mid America Search. This List of Jobs, which our Client organizations are seeking to fill, have one or more factors of commonality thus Mid America Search has compiled or curated this collection of Jobs into the List below. Trustfully, our efforts will enhance your efficiency and provide time well spent in studying the information.
By clicking on a Title of a particular Job in the List, a new browser window with that Job page and a link to contact us will open. Thank you for visiting Mid America Search’s website, we hope your visit proves very useful.
Life Insurance & Annuity Compliance Officer
Education Requirements: Juris Doctorate degree preferred.
Other Requirements: Include:
- 10+ years regulatory and operations compliance experience in the individual Life and Annuity insurance markets.
- Demonstrated track record handling consumer complaints and communicating with state departments of insurance.
- Direct hands-on experience with the UCAA and SERFF systems.
- LOMA or other insurance home office training designations preferred.
- Experience with IMO/Broker/Agent contracting preferred.
Salary Range: Negotiable DOE
Description: Our Client, a growing Life insurance and Annuity company, seeks an experienced Life & Annuity Compliance Officer capable of autonomously performing a wide range of home office compliance functions. The company’s success has stemmed from an emphasis on personal service to its policyholders. Our Client has embarked upon a comprehensive shift in strategy based upon digital marketing, new business contracting, and expansion to nearby states. They also provide Third-Party-Administration services to a small number of insurers. Well-qualified candidates would exhibit substantial experience in these key areas within the Individual Life insurance and Fixed Annuity markets:
- Company policy/miscellaneous form filing:
- Ensure company filings and form filing submissions are completed in a timely fashion and in compliance with state insurance regulations.
- Ensure use of interstate compact regulations, SERFF system, and UCAA systems are fully utilized when doing company filings and form filing submissions.
- Operations Audits (where required):
- Ensure company operations of TPAs/Reinsurers are in compliance with state regulations and create and file any associated documents as required by regulators or auditors.
- Monitor regulation changes:
- Monitor and implement any regulatory changes that may affect the company.
- Ensure affected operations areas are in compliance with new requirements.
- Report to regulators of changes in company operations or personnel.
- Review and approve advertising:
- Ensure that advertising meets state and federal guidelines.
- Ability to communicate with independent agents on required changes.
- Respond to complaints and litigation:
- This includes department of insurance complaints.
- Serve as the corporate contact for all matters related to complaints and litigation.
- Responsible for the creation and oversight of the complaint log.
- Market Conduct:
- For exams serve as a liaison between state insurance examiners and the company.
- Respond to all requests and respond to the draft and final reports.
- Ensure any deficiencies in the operations areas are corrected.
- Responsible for filing Market Conduct Annual Reports for company and TPA’s, when required.
- Corporate Records maintenance:
- Creating, filing, and ensuring that all required corporate filings related to normal insurance company operations are completed in a timely fashion.
- Claims/Rescission coordination:
- Participate in reviewing life insurance contestable claims, carefully considering all relevant facts and providing expertise in the area of determining material misrepresentation, fraud, intent to deceive, and causal connection requirements by state.
- TPA/CEO License Renewals, Annual Reports, SOS Annual Reports and Registration.
- Holding Company Reporting Form B, Form C and Form F.
- Texas Department of Banking Annual Reports, Permit Renewals.
- Assist with Compliance-Related Issues related to Texas Department of Insurance and Texas Department of Banking Exams.
- Maintain Company Compliance Calendar.
- Notarize Corporate Documents.
- Digital Services Compliance:
- Review and provide content regarding required disclosure and consent language related to company electronic processing or company Social Media Sites.
- Contracts and Agreements:
- Participate in generation or review of company contracts and agreements related to vendors, consultants, reinsurers, TPA clients, leases and other business relationships.
Senior Individual Disability Income Underwriter
Location: Remote with required visit to home office quarterly.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent in related field.
Other Requirements: Include:
- Insurance classes working towards FLMI affiliation.
- 8+ years of experience in Individual Disability Income underwriting.
- Professional oral and written communication skills.
- Decision-making ability.
- Word processing and spreadsheet software proficiency.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with others.
- Talents in; values, resourceful, work intensity, persuasion, achiever, command, positivity, relationship-extension, relationship, exactness.
- Can assume job responsibilities and perform independently.
- Willingness to work over 40-hour week when needed.
Salary Range: $58k to $72k
Description: Our Client, a highly rated AM Best Life Insurance Company, provides life insurance, disability and critical illness insurance, and voluntary employee benefits through independent brokers nationwide. It has assets of $2.5+ billion. Under supervision of the Director, Underwriting Candidate underwrites individual disability products, communicates with agents regarding new individual disability applications and potential cases, and performs other functions. Duties and responsibilities include:
- 65% Underwrites individual disability products, which includes:
- Determining risk classification according to medical, financial, occupational and avocational hazards.
- Determining product eligibility based on product guidelines.
- Ordering and reviewing underwriting requirements, as needed.
- Determining standard/substandard risks and eligibility.
- Complying with IMSA and government regulations regarding replacements, anti-discrimination laws, confidentiality laws, HIV laws and MIB requirements.
- Reviewing substandard, declines, or postponed applications with the Medical Director, Life Underwriting Manager, and Director of Life Underwriting.
- Reviewing files for other underwriters, providing advice on problem cases and co-signatures on ratings and declines.
- 25% Communicates with agents, policyholders, reinsurance companies, and applicants regarding underwriting action and guidelines, which includes:
- Providing underwriting information over the phone.
- Preparing written correspondence to Field Force, reinsurance companies, and applicants.
- Advising agents regarding potential cases.
- Reviewing and preparing illustrations.
- Meeting with producers.
- 10% Performs other functions, which includes:
- Working on special projects.
- Assisting in training of Underwriting Assistant
- Participating on committees, teams and task forces.
- Providing product information to other divisions.
- Keeping up-to-date with company and industry changes.
Life Insurance Product Marketing Director
Location: Dallas, TX
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field; advanced degree preferred.
Other Requirements: Include:
- 10+ years of Life Product Marketing Management experience, including Digital Marketing.
- Significant experience with insurance products, in a digital environment, in order to bring our Client into the digital age.
- Experience with a variety of insurance products (including final expense, critical illness and Medicare Supplement).
- Successful in working with Sales Managers and Division Managers who lead product lines.
- Able to work across product lines and improve the overall marketing across the company.
Salary Range: Negotiable DOE
Description: Our Client, a growing national life and annuity company with over $1 billion in assets and nearly 10,000 agents throughout the country, seeks a Life Product Marketing Director. Our Client offers a full line of life and annuity products to help customers plan their financial futures. Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Successful Candidate’s primary goal is to be effective in the marketing of all product lines.
- Transform marketing function into a digital marketing platform.
- Responsible, as Marketing Director, for a variety of insurance products.
- Work with Sales Managers and Division Managers who oversee the various product lines.
- Product lines include:
- Final Expense.
- Critical Illness.
- Medicare Supplement.
- Work across product lines and improve the overall marketing across the company.
VP, Life & Annuity Marketing
Location: Baltimore, MD or Des Moines, IA
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related degree.
Other Requirements: Include:
- 10+ years of leadership experience in insurance marketing preferred. Related marketing experience with financial services would be considered as well.
- 5+ years management experience.
- Demonstrated strategic experience in developing, implementing and optimizing integrated marketing plans.
- Exposure to marketing to IMOs highly desirable.
- Thought leadership: idea generation and problem-solving approaches that result in beneficial impact to business; handle complex decisions effectively.
- Strong communication skills: writing, speaking, visual presentations, discernment and prioritization.
- Experienced in electronic media and state of the art graphic design principles.
- Financial Services knowledge; insurance industry preferred.
- Creative and inquisitive thinker.
- Demonstrated leadership skills working within a multi-functional financial services environment to develop and deliver marketing collateral that meets legal and compliance standards and fulfills needs for distribution partners to sell our Client’s products.
- Aptitude to learn key product capabilities and incorporate into effective marketing approaches.
- Must have excellent listening skills to discern most important aspects of requests submitted for design/marketing support.
- Must support, implement and enforce overall brand standards, coach others as needed.
- Must be detail-oriented with proficient organization skills.
- Must work in a collaborative environment and take direction from many individuals at the same time based on project demand.
- Knowledge of graphic design software is an advantage (not required).
Salary Range: $200k to $230k DOE + 30% annual bonus and eligibility for LTI
Description: Our Client, a leading provider of annuities and life insurance, is seeking a Marketing Vice President to lead their strategic marketing initiatives, brand implementation and support of their distribution partners. The successful candidate should have proven marketing leadership competency and demonstrated success in the financial services industry for a wide array of marketing and analytic-based disciplines including marketing strategy, branding, web and app designs, print advertising, collateral design/production and targeted messaging. This role will interface closely with the sales, product and legal teams to define and deliver marketing plans to support the overall growth objectives. This job will report directly to the Senior Vice President, Marketing, Investor Relations and Communications. The individual will lead our Client’s marketing team to enable the business to achieve its distribution and product launch goals as well as support other key business functions with branded collateral and messaging. Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Define cohesive marketing strategy, incorporating the new brand and supporting business growth objectives.
- Assess and leverage market and competitive insights to refine marketing plans.
- Provide marketing support to expand sales in the Independent Marketing Organizations channel, with both current and new distribution partners.
- Support launch of new channels: banks, broker-dealers and others.
- Support launch of new products and product enhancements, partnering with product development to understand the details and advantages of each product.
- Incorporate and develop industry best practices to market products, service and company.
- Develop multi-faceted marketing approach (print, email, web, social media, traditional media) with continuity throughout.
- Lead marketing efforts for design, content and delivery of all branded communications.
- Foster creative culture that strives for continuous improvement and welcomes and offers feedback thus enabling best-in-class output of content, designs and plans.
- Drive innovation in communications, employ engaging storytelling coupled with forward-thinking designs and approaches to maximize business impact.
- Lead marketing competitive assessment efforts.
- Develop and implement competitive social media strategy to support distribution partners, enhance brand value and support recruiting.
- Drive team skills development and engagement including product knowledge, consumer needs/trends and distribution requirements.
- Partner with other key leaders to ensure alignment on deliverables.
- Define vendor engagement strategy to support marketing and business growth objectives.
- Manage budget and expenses to deliver on objectives and commitments.
- Brand Standards and Guidelines: Lead the implementation of our Client’s brand guidelines across all branded collateral for the company voice and tone as well as look and feel:
- Marketing print collateral.
- Digital collateral: agent site, policyholder portal, web, intranet, social media, email communications.
- HR, recruiting and community support communications.
- Electronic and print design and production: versed in the entire process including development of the initial creative strategy to creative concept to materials fulfillment.
Workers’ Compensation Accounting Assistant
Location: Des Moines, IA
Education Requirements: Minimum of two-year college degree in accounting.
Other Requirements: Include:
- Ideal candidate will be experienced in the full range of bookkeeping and accounting functions.
- Two years of experience in accounting and bookkeeping preferred.
- Working knowledge of software including accounting, specifically GP Dynamics, and Microsoft products.
- Formal training should be supplemented with continuing education.
- Knowledge of government accounting and insurance industry preferred.
- Person should be reliable, organized, and have excellent attention to detail.
- Customer service skills are highly desirable.
- Periodic out of town and overnight travel may be required.
- Knowledge and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of organization’s products and services.
- Working knowledge of accounting theories and practices and accepted office procedures and practices.
- Ability to handle daily routine with moderate freedom to interpret and act upon various situations.
- Ability to perform a volume of numerical detail work with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to make difficult mathematical computations with and without mechanical assistance.
- Ability to interact with more than one department daily.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions and technical terminology.
- Ability to prepare financial and other records in a systematic, neat, legible manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, a variety of governmental employees and officials, and the public.
- Ability to operate a computer and learn various software programs.
Salary Range: $40k to $50k
Description: Under the direction of the controller, the accounting assistant monitors and performs accounting/fiscal activities for our Client’s Workers’ Compensation Association and its members applying generally accepted accounting practices in areas including, but not limited to financial reporting, accounts payable and receivable maintenance, account maintenance and general bookkeeping. No supervisory responsibilities are assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Financial Reporting:
- Responsible for most standard journal entries necessary to close monthly books.
- Follow applicable accounting reporting standards.
- Follow applicable internal control procedures.
- Financial Analysis:
- Prepare financial reports as requested.
- Preparation of all finance related requests for proposal.
- Annual Budget:
- Help with preparation of annual budget and track expenditures.
- Enter budget into accounting software.
- Preparation and evaluation of bid requests.
- Accounts Payable and Receivable Management:
- Maintains accounts receivable which includes processing invoices and statements, verification of cash receipts and posting to proper accounts.
- Maintains accounts payable including verifying accuracy of vendor invoices, maintaining W9 forms for all vendors, matching purchase orders, coding vendor invoices with our Client’s account numbers, obtaining appropriate approvals and preparing payments.
- 1099 Processing:
- Assist with preparation and verification of 1099 and related tax forms.
- Account Maintenance and Reconciliation:
- Assist with tracking and reconciling balances in checking and investment accounts.
- Other Duties:
- Verify accuracy of telephonic reporting invoices.
- Verify accuracy of bill review invoices.
- Assist controller as needed.
- Completes filing as necessary.
- Scanning payables invoices and receivables cash receipts to network.
- General Bookkeeping:
- Handle miscellaneous bank accounts, bookkeeping and reports.
- Maintains capital assets records and related depreciation schedule.
- Requires ability to handle sensitive materials while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.